November 27, 2009

Lessons of Love

So, I don't usually post unless I have pictures to go with the post, but I'm going to tonight.

Let me start by saying, it has been a very hard couple of days. My kids have been screaming and fighting almost non stop, and I have been forced to go back on my full strength depression meds.
I just don't know what to do. Threats do not work, because, lets face it, I'm a push over.

So, tonight I made my girls sit down with me and have a talk time. At first, I did the talking. I explained to them how they were making me crazy. How I wish they could just get along and love each other. Then I let them talk. We talked and cried and laughed and hugged. We talked for about 30 minutes, not a substantial amount of time. But the amount of healing and loving that took place was very substantial.
Communication is were LOVE is. DUH!!! We learn to communicate with our husbands, and with our Heavenly Father, then why not with our children? How will they learn to talk to each other instead of screaming at each other if all we do is scream at them in frustration all the time.

We decided to add a 30 minute "Love Talk" to our bedtime routine. It will help our evenings to be less frantic and more calm and loving. I hope it will increase the love we feel for one another and help us all learn to communicate better. I learned a lot about LOVE tonight, and I am so thankful the Lord has given me insight to know how to teach my children how to love each other better.

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Well you're a better person that I am! I don't think talk time would go over at our house- with a son who doesn't talk, one that just giggles all the time when you try to make him be serious, and a drama queen! Lucky you- you get four drama queens! Call if you want or need to vent! Hang in there, you're doing great!

sheila said...

Lacey; you are a wonderful person; thank you for being you. Love to all.