November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!

THANKS DAD!

As we sat around the breakfast table this morning, the kids asked me about Veteran's Day.
I explained a little bit to them. (Joe explained in way greater detail at dinner).
I said, very proudly, "You know, Grandpa B was in a war!"
"HE WAS?!!! Which one?" they replied.
"The Korean War." I said. "He was a dog handler."

They were so excited, and even more so when I explained to them that Grandpa's dogs saved his life, more than once!

At school they both got to brag to their classes that THEIR Grandpa was in a war!
They were both so proud and told me about their experiences in class the second they got home!

I AM PROUD as well!!!

Thank you DADDY, for serving our country, and standing for the right, not only in war times, but for my whole life!

I LOVE YOU!


Lilli made this card for her Grandpa in class today!

We all Love You Very Much!

1 comment:

Lindsay Kay said...

Wow, Lilli is a great artist, that picture rocks. So sweet of them.