January 11, 2012

Temple Square Lights FREAK OUT!

Let me esplain...no, there is too much.
Let me sum-up!


 We went to Utah to do 2 things...1, buy Emily a much needed dresser at IKEA for her Christmas present, and
2, go see the Temple Square Christmas Lights.

We went on Friday Night...and it was a MAD house! 
I hate crowds, and this gave me soooo much anxiety!

We did have the right cloths this time...and 3 out of the 4 kids were thankful for the layers.
Lilli was NOT excited about wearing her dorking snow gear, and her teenage side took a nasty turn.
She threw a super mega ultra fit...and it was ugly.
In the end, I won, she decided it was cold enough to wear the snow gear and put it on.


I couldn't figure out how to use the flash on my camera without it being super washed out and ugly..
.but I got a few pictures anyway to help us remember this event.


This is my favorite shot from the night. She was still sort of pissy...because we had to walk like 6 blocks.
Joe decided to park like a mile and a half away because he figured there would be no parking closer.
I think he forgot that there is a parking garage right under Temple Square... I know I did.
But this picture is so pretty.

 Here is my family, under the glow of the millions of lights. 
I don't think this will be a family tradition...
only because I had such bad anxiety about it. Crowds and me do not mix.
But it was a wonderful weekend, and lots of memories were made with my sister and her family. 
And we did get both of the objectives met!
So, not all was lost!

1 comment:

casa chandler said...

So jealous! Wish we could have gone to Temple Square for the lights but we didn't have a reliable enough vehicle to make it down there. Love your pics! What a talent! Looks like you all had fun (even with the teenage attitude!)