July 23, 2008

The Lord is Over All

What a roller coaster couple of weeks! I have been a ball of stress, sorrow and joy. Let me expound apon that!

1st, the sorrow......

On Tuesday, the 8th of July, my good friend, Christina 'Chree' Farnsworth Mourant died of a blood clot to the heart. I found out on Thursday night after a long day of work! At first I was in shock, but by bed time, when I still had not said anything to Joe, he asked me if I would like to talk about it, and out it came.....emotion more than I have felt in years. Chree was the kind of friend that always lifted me up, never pulled me down. She made me feel so beautiful and intelligent! High School was a hard time for me, as it is for a lot of people, but when ever Chree was around it was easy. I never had to try with her. She had such an amazing spirit, and her life and example saved me many times!

I had to be the strong friend, letting my good friend Sarah call me day after day sobbing. She made me cry over and over....Joe says, "Thanks, Sarah." Her funeral was on Tuesday the 15th. Joe and Katie went with me. We sat in our own little row, and after Katie woke up from her nap, she was mad!! Joe took her out, and BLAM-O, I was ALL ALONE! I could not handle my emotions, it was too hard without Joe's arm to cry on, so I left. I felt like a chump, but it was a HARD funeral.

Next the Stress..... On Thursday the 17th, I got into a heated argument with a member of the Malibu staff. I am the assistant manager there, and I caught her doing something that could potentially get the clinic in trouble with the FDA. I called her on it, and within seconds it was on. I was trying to be a proffessional and asked her politely to settle down or she would be dismissed, she got all up in my face and said I had no authority. Well, minutes later after the heated conversation, she was walking out and threatening to take our NP with her, since they are chums. I followed her outside to tell her to calm down, she called me nasty names, screamed terrible things and got in her car. I went inside and sobbed uncontrolably. My sister-in-law conforted me. We took a huge step closer because of that fight. Thanks Kris, I love you!
Last, the joy!
I found out that my little sister and her family are moving to the valley! They might actually move to my town. I am soooo excited! I love my little sis so much. She has always been my best friend. Even when we were kids, we never really fought. We were always together and loved every minute of it. Now, her daughter, Jules and Katie can grow up together like we did. It is going to be so great. I miss her so much. I feel I should say sorry to friends in advance, when she finally gets here, I might neglect you all for a while. I'm sure you all understand, because you are all so great.
To end, I just want to say, that through all my pain this last few weeks, I have felt the power of the Lord so strong. His spirit has led me and strengthened me. I have found greater joy in being a wife, mother, sister and daughter. My relationships with EVERY member of my family have grown and continue to grow. I am grateful for all the love they all give me and how they have provided me with comfort and encouragment. I love you all.
On a funnier note, Maggie cracks me up. She took this video of my lovely mother-in-law making breakfast for the girls at my house one morning. Janet is a good cook, at her house,on gas, but I don't think she new how my stove cooked, the result....black pan-cakes. But it's the thought that counts, right. Enjoy this, but know.....I am not making fun, I am simply enjoying my Maggie's tact!

No comments: