April 29, 2008

Soccer Update

Sorry, I didn't bring my camera to the games last Saturday, so you will just have to read about it. But, I have to say, if you've seen one soccer pic, you've seen them all, with few exceptions.
Maggie had another great game. It was actually entertaining and fun to watch this one. Her team won, 9-7! She didn't play as hard as she usually does though. I think the sun was too sunny! I brought the sun screen this time.....NO SUN BURNS!
Lilli played keeper again. Type casting if you ask me.....I am starting to get mad. Just because she's good at it doesn't mean that she's not good at other things!! She needs to playing all areas of the feild, so she can learn to be a better player. I think that the coach is a nimrod!!! He's a great guy, but not a great coach. She did not win, but winning isn't everything, and I don't want her to think that it is. She is after all only 7! She had a fun time, and did exceptionally well as keeper against a very agressive team. I am very proud of her.

Other updates in the fam..... Maggie got asked to audition for Company Team in dance. She is very excited. She wants to try, but I warned her that if I can see it being too hard on her or if it starts wearing her out, I will pull her.
Lilli got her appliance on her bottom teeth yesterday, along with head-gear. She is in a tremendous amount of pain. I can't tell if it is normal. Her tongue is swollen from having her mouth open all night, and may be getting calises from the wire on her bottom teeth. She is crying a lot because of pain. It breaks my heart to know she is in pain! I keep reassuring her that it will get easier, and that the outcome will be beautiful. That sound a lot like life, doesn't it?! Right now though, I don't think she cares. She wants to call the whole thing off. But Lilli knows, Winners never Quit! We will survive.

A friend recently asked me how I did it, how do I hold it all together with 4 rambonxious girls?
I laughed, then I answered, "One precious day at a time." They grow up too quickly. One day the "Mommy will you help me open the juice?" and the " Can I sit on your lap?"s will be over! I'm not ready for that. I cherish every moment, most of the time anyway!

No comments: