April 12, 2008

Soccer and Sun

We have officially entered soccer season. This year we are busier than usual. Both Lilli and Maggie are doing soccer this year! The first week of practice was killer!! I was driving some body to practice and sitting around waiting for a hour nearly every day of the week. Maggie had dance on Mon, then straight to practice. Lilli was Tues, Maggie again on Wed, then Lilli again on Thurs. WOW!! What did I get myself into!!! No time for me or dinner!! We were eating fast food nearly every night, and eating in the car. 2 things I hate to do alot of. Luckily, things got a little easier this week. Maggie's practices have gone to Tues. and Thurs. nights, and Lilli has it on Thurs. only. This makes thursday night extra crazy, but I can manage 1 crazy night.Here is one of Lilli's practices. She has a team that is all girls, mostly from her school. They are a close team.


They had their 1st games last week, they both won their games, which is always fun. Lilli was put in as keeper right off the bat. She loves defence. She did great!
Maggie had a blast too, she scored 2 goals, and proved that the 2nd sibling is usually more agressive. We don't call her "a bull in a china shop" for nothing. She was very aggressive. It was very fun to watch her. Lilli kept coaching her from the side lines. Yelling things like, "Man Up" and "Protect your Goal". We had to explain to Lilli that Maggie doesn't know those "big kid" terms yet. She know things like, "Get the ball" and "Kick the ball".
As you can see, she loved playing! Will she choose dance or soccer next year? We can't say, but she WILL choose 1!!

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
That 1st game was COLD!!! Well, the 2nd game was HOT!!! 72 out! And I was absent minded, as I am alot of the time, and I forgot the sun screen. As a result, we all got burned, even my poor baby.
She does look cute with red cheeks though!

Even this baby of mine got burned...I think he looks pretty cute with red cheeks too!!

The girls both won their games again today. So, it makes the sun burns a little more bearable. One parent of the opposing team from Maggie's game kept saying "They have tricks up their sleeves" and "Are those kids all 5?" . Maggie scored 5 goals, that I counted, she says she scored 7, either way she was a valuable player to their game. They creamed the other guys, winning 20-2!!

Lilli's team played their hardest opponents today. A team that has been together for 3 years under the same coach. They are supposed to be the hardest team in U8. They won 4-3, with a goal in the finally minute! It was a very intense game!! I had a hard time paying attention to Emi on the play ground. Lilli played a mean defender, her favorite position. A bunch of the parents came up to us after the game to tell us what a good job she did, using adjectives like "amazing" and "agressive". I know, I know, she gets it from me!! It was FUN!!

Well, rain or shine, we will be out on the feilds all day next week. Maggie has a morning game, we have a 2 hour break, then Lilli. I love soccer, I love watching my children have fun, but I am already anxious for soccer season to be over! It is hard work, for us ALL!!!

No comments: