January 21, 2010

My Dad turned 77

Ode To My Dad
If I choose to look back on my shorty thirty year life,
and see all the good, not the bad...
I see one man, a teacher to me.
He is the man I call DAD.
He may not have always been so tender,
but he was always honest and fair.
He scolded me when I was naughty or mean,
and he taught me to listen and care.
Because of him, I love the outdoors,
I love to run and to sing.
He taught me marriage is love and respect,
not just a gold diamond ring.
Because of him, I can drive a stick shift,
change my own oil, and fix a flat tire.
He taught me to be independent and strong,
like my mother, whom he did admire.
So, here's to you Dad....You did a great job.
You raised this daughter to be...
A strong, righteous women, who's proud to have YOU
for all of ETERNITY.
For my dad,
Robert Bollschweiler
on his 77th birthday


1 comment:

Larry said...

Very genuine, Lacey. A nice tribute to Dad! It even brought a tear to my eye (a very tiny tear, but still a tear!)