September 24, 2009

Rewards for Good Work

So, my kids have been a bit lazy lately about their homework.
I hope I am not alone in my frustration.
I tried talking to them, and explaining how a job well done fills you with satisfaction.
Also, their teachers would be so pleased with them and that in return would help them feel good about themselves.
I guess my kids already have enough confidence. Because that DIDN'T work.
So here's what I came up with.
In Lilli's class this year they are being rewarded and punished through simple punch cards. Good punch cards for turning in their homework and things of that nature, and bad punch cards for when they are rude in class, or turn in homework late.
This is highly effective for Lilli, and she even stresses out about the bad punches. Every week she beams with pride when she has a "no holes" bad punch card to show me.
BRILLIANT!
That's what I'll do!
I sat down and created these simple Business card style punch cards.
Every time the kids bring home a good grade, or a paper with good comments on it from their teacher, they get a punch.
AR test, also, which is a very difficult thing for my kids. They love to read, but don't want to test on the books. When they take an AR test, they get a punch, if it's a 100% test, they get another.
After filling this 20 punch card, they get a special.
Last card, I took them out for ice cream.
It works great for me!So, if you want to try it, click on the card of your choice below, and drag onto your computer! Print it in an un-cropped 2x3 format(that gives you 9), on card stock paper, and let the smart out of your kid!




1 comment:

casa chandler said...

cute idea and cute cards! well done!