June 20, 2009

What Does the Rain Bring?

Joe and I were watching the news a few night ago about all the pesky things that come out when we get alot of rain. They called them the 3 M's. Mosquitos, Moths, and Mushrooms. Yes, we have all of the M's over here. We pick the mushrooms by the hands full everyday, and 2 nights ago I was out pulling weeds at 8:45 pm and got 6 mosquito bites.

The news didn't mention one thing...... SNAILS! Here's the story.

We came home last night, around 8:30 after it had been raining. My girls hardly wait for the car to be fulling stopped before they jump out. Before I could get out of the car Lilli and Maggie were screaming, and freaking out about something in our rocks. So, I got out to see, and found 20 plus, quarter-sized snails. I thought they were pretty cool. Lilli and Maggie ran away from them. Katie kept picking them up, then dropping them back down, saying "EW" and "Gross". Emily was the only one who liked looking at them as much as I did.










If you have children who find bugs and other creepy, crawling things cool, I hope you show them these pictures.

4 comments:

Lindsay Kay said...

YUCK!!! Those give me the heeby jeebies. Get rid of them. Love you. Thanks for the flowers.

Carlie said...

Cam came out of Primary and the first thing he said was "can we go home and look at Sister Greens blog?" He is so excited to see the snails! Total boy I tell you!

Anonymous said...

Lacey: I'm so very glad the snails were at YOUR house and NOT MINE. I think I would have reacted like Lilli and Maggie. Love Aunt Sheila

Anonymous said...

i love the pics hun...hope everything is going good for you guys...take care...and hope to see you soon...
luv ya
Tiff