June 18, 2008

Ouchy Fairy Strikes Again and Again

Okay, we really did have a great day....but the evening is a completely different matter.
We went to Janet's to have yummy home-made pizza. About 10 minutes into us arriving, Maggie comes bursting into the house from the front yard where she and Lilli had been playing. I thought, "Oh geez.... fighting all ready?" But then I heard what Maggie was screaming. "Lilli is bleeding! Lilli is bleeding!" Words a parent never likes to hear.
Joe and I RAN outside to find Lilli on the ground, her leg nearly gushing blood. We both knew right away she would need stiches. We got her inside and started cleaning the wound. Janet was helping me, because Joe really hates the sight of blood. It started oozing really weird. Clotty almost. Janet said, "We need to get her to the ER now."
We did, we waited, and waited, and waited. Lilli was a trooper!!! Our local hospital's ER sucks!!
Finally 1 1/2 hours later, Lilli was getting her stitches. She only cried a little, when she got the 2nd numbing shot. So, it was a 3cm long tear, she received 6 stiches.
Oh, she got hurt by climbing a Lilliac Tree in an attempt to get her ball. Silly girl. Here are some pictures of our trooper.


Okay, I did say Ouchy Fariy Strikes Again and AGAIN right?

Emily.... Stayed in the sun too long today. I put sunscreen on her, once... I know, I know. Any way, she was pretty miserable by bed time. Also, her pretty new shoes gave her a blister, which is hurting her bad too. Sometimes good days can turn into bad days, and those kind of days quickly turn into Mommy has a migrain days. I'm glad I can close the book on this day. Good-night!


No comments: