March 6, 2008

Memiors of Hair-Dye Mishaps

As many of your know, I am constantly messing with my hair, be it color or cut, it doesn't stay the same for very long. Well, as a way to better myself, I thought I would try to leave it alone and let it grow out. The problem was, I had a ton of highlights, and as I let it grow out, it looked pretty bad.So, I went to see my good friend to get a color and a cut. I decided to go dark, this way as my hair grew out it wouldn't be noticable, and I could stop wasting money every 10 weeks on highlights.
I loved my A-line cut, but....the color was just a little bit dark. I felt a bit goth. Not exactly a spirit booster. So, shame on me, I went to the store a purchased a box dye, to lift the color.It was a highlighting box, because I knew that you can't lift a color with a color. As a result, my hair turned red.

I actually liked this color. It was pretty flattering on me. Despite negative comments made by some members of my family(brothers) about it not looking like "me", I was satisfied with it....until, my hair started to grow out, and I discovered gray!!! A lot of it, and it was noticable. Well, I started obsessing.....and I dyed it yet again.

I have no picture of what happened then, because not much happened, my hair got slightly more brown, but my gray stayed!!! I was mad. I wasted $8! Darn it! Well, about 1 week later, I was obsessing about the gray again, and I was at the store alone. I just couldn't resist....I bought another frost/highlight, and did it. Bad idea!!!


YUCK!!! I felt like "Bo-Bo the Clown". I cried the whole time I was blowing my hair dry, and decided then and there, that this "not coloring my hair" thing was not going to happen. I need to color my hair! Not only do I feel better spiritualy when my hair looks good, I feel prettier and act better to my family. Also, I don't feel old enough to let my hair go gray(obviously). So, I am back to going and wasting hard earned money at the stylist and getting my hair colored. She was mad when she saw what I had done to her beautiful work of art, but she fixed me.

I am back to the pretty red/brown color.....but next week I am going in to get highlights, probably. If I don't get the highlights, I will definetly have to go get it colored every 6 weeks. With the highlights, I can go a bit longer, because my gray grow-out looks like blonde highlight. I can get my hair done every 10 weeks with the highlights. I haven't decided yet, but I have one week to think and make the best choice for me.

If you can learn anything from me, don't color your own hair, take your precious hair to the pros. I learned my lesson the hard way, never-the-less, I LEARNED MY LESSON!!

No comments: